Pick a SessionBook Online 24/7
Booking Summer & Fall Sessions Now.
“What do I need from you to ensure this a great session??”
Ready to Book?
“You Deserve Amazing Senior Pictures“
More Tips for a Great Session:
Mistakes Clients Make
- #1 Mistake. What clothes should you bring?? Well…. let me make it EASY on you – just empty the closet & bring it all. Since I can’t come to your home and pick clothing out myself, please “bring it all”. I am wonderful at selecting outfits that ensure amazing color harmony with the senior’s skin tone, eye color, background choices, ….. In fact, EVERY picture you see on my website, I picked out their clothing. So trust me on this. Empty the closet. If it doesn’t feel like the senior is “moving out to college”, you probably aren’t bringing me enough variety.
- #2 Mistake. Arriving hungry. Please please eat before you come. My sessions are high energy. You’ll need your strength. 🙂 Honestly, I’ve had to stop sessions and send mom to Sonic to get a burger.
- #3 Mistake. Forcing the senior to bring clothing that “isn’t them”. In other words, I have photographed girls who are jeans and t-shirt kind of girls but mom forced her to bring dresses & formal wear only. Please please “just bring it all” as the video above describes.
- #4 Mistake. Selecting a photographer based on ANYTHING other than the quality of the imagery. You get one chance to hire a professional photographer for senior portraits. My clients will tell you a 1000 times over, they LOVE looking at their George Dean Portraits displayed on their walls. Senior portraits is WORTHY of hiring a true professional. Once the senior moves out of your home, it is the LAST time they will probably live with you. Capture this moment in time. Freeze this amazing moment with beautiful portraits. You will NEVER regret it – not for one second! So…. quality should be the #1, #2, and #3 reason you select a photographer.
- #5 Mistake. Hiring a “natural light, on-location only” photographer. You see, “lighting” is everything when it comes to creating a dramatic portrait. And let me tell you, “nice cameras” don’t create light – it just records it. Beautiful light has to either be created or found. I believe you should hire a photographer who is proficient with a lot of different lighting patterns. I am an expert at creating the light each image deserves – not just pressing the button in ‘natural light’ (heck, you could do that yourself!). Sure you should hire a photographer that can produce beautiful natural light images but thats ALL you get! You see, there is soft studio lighting, edgy studio lighting, soft natural light, harsh natural light, off camera flash, subtractive lighting, additive lighting, and many more. I think senior pictures deserves them all! My clients LOVE the variety.
What to Bring
Let’s go “all out” & do it right.
- Bring clothing for ALL the seasons. Spring, Summer, Fall, & Winter. Yes, all of them.
- Bring winter stuff even when its 110 degrees outside. Remember, I have a studio. I’ll crank down the A/C and make it cold. 🙂
- Bring everything on hangers. Wrinkled clothing does not photograph well.
- Hats, scarfs, coats, jackets, sweaters
- Hobby stuff, guitars, sunglasses, …
- School stuff – instruments, footballs, helmets, bats, volleyballs, golf bag, balls, …
- Make up, lip gloss, powder, … You will have a private dressing room. 🙂
Why Studio Portraits?
Beautiful studio portraiture is becoming a lost art.
Many photographers are now “natural light, on location” photographers due to the overwhelming challenge of mastering studio light. I get it. It’s not easy. But…. nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
The beauty of studio lighting is the fact I can create to softest, most beautiful light AND then create harsh moody light. I control everything. The light, the shadows, the pose, the mood, …
Studio lighting can create mood & feelings with soft shadows or deep shadows (I LOVE Shadows!)
You deserve beautiful studio lighting in your portraits! In fact, most of the portraits hanging in my clients home are from my studio work.
One look at my images and you will instantly see the mastery of lighting.
Why Outside Portraits?
Outside lighting just does something magical to eyes. They sparkle. They dance. They shine.
However, knowing HOW to use outside lighting makes all the difference. Knowing when to ADD supplemental lighting OR use subtractive lighting to shape the face and mood of a portrait makes all the difference! Otherwise, you could just use your iPhone to do senior pictures! 😉
Most people pick the FULL session because we do STUDIO and OUTSIDE portraits. You get the BEST of BOTH worlds!
Tips for Guys
Avoid fresh haircuts. Allow at least a week for it to grow out.
Fresh shave or little facial hair? Its UP to you! I’ve had guys come with facial hair and then shave it down for the 2nd half of the shoot. Just be you.
I PROMISE no dorky poses. No peaking around trees or leaning against statues.
For the first time in their life, guys actually feel COOL in their pictures. Heck, read the front page of my website and see what GUYS wrote about their experience.
90% of the images that leave my studio are NON-smiley but we will do a few smiles too.
Tips for Girls
First, get a good nights sleep AND eat before you come. 🙂
Treat yourself to a pedicure & manicure. We will photograph at least one set of images that will show your toes.
Most of my seniors do their OWN make up BUT if you wanted to treat yourself, hire a make up artist to do it for you. Let her know, this is for photography. She SHOULD know to contour you face even more dramatically!
However, if you do it yourself, I am a portrait artist who KNOWS how to use light to create the same effect BUT…. GREAT make up helps too!
Makeup for photography needs to go on heavier than normal daylight wear. We need to additional contrast for the makeup to “pop”. Use more powder than you think you need! We want to bring down the shine on the skin.
Lip gloss should be is a solid color & one shade deeper than normal. Lip liner of the SAME color is good too.
Eye liner can make those eyes pop too!
Bring your makeup case with you for touch up. Especially lip gloss.
TIP: Did you know the MAC make up counter will do a free make up session if you buy some of their products?? Something to consider.
If you plan on coloring your hair or getting a new style, allow at least a week to get used to the style.
And.. PLEASE…. Don’t worry, you don’t have to a model to come to my studio. A lot of people THINK I only photograph models – not true. EVERYONE you see on my website are REAL seniors.
TIP: Raid a friends closet too!
You WILL have a private dressing room with a large mirror.
TIP: Be sure to bring jewelry, accessories, black high heels, white pearls, dangly earrings, formal dresses, fun dresses, hats, scarfs, sweaters, jackets, blue jean jackets, leather jackets, those jeans with holes in them, t-shirts, …. bring it all!
“What Do I Need From You to Make This a Great Session!”
“Watch George in Action”
“The Artistry of My Creative Process”
Out of Town Clients
Every year, I photograph seniors who fly in from all over the country for a session. Most will fly in Friday, we photograph on Saturday, and pick out your pictures Sunday morning, and fly back Sunday afternoon.
I am also available for travel to YOUR location. I have shoot in out of state locations like Georgia, Louisiana, Kentucky, …. Call me to inquire about traveling to your location.
Seniors have flown in from Alaska, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nebraska, Florida, Kentucky, Arkansas, & others.
This makes for an amazing mother-daughter bonding trip her senior year!
1. Fly in to DFW airport on Friday. If you fly Southwest, you will arrive at Love Field in downtown Dallas. Either way, you will take I-35 north to my studio in Denton.
2. If you want to stay near my studio, book a room at the Fairfield Inn in Denton, TX. 1-940-384-1700. It is very nice and right across the street. (There is also a very nice Bed & Breakfast in Denton Called “Wildwood Inn”.)
3. We will do a “full session” on a Saturday. Yes, bring as much as you can! That night, I’ll photoshop & prep all your images for your viewing on Sunday.
4. On Sunday morning (after you’ve had breakfast), we will meet at my studio to see all the images in my home theater room, pick out our favorites, place your order, & pay for your order.
5. I will have all the canvases, gift prints, fine art albums, …. shipped directly to your home via UPS within a few weeks.